Friday 12 March 2010

Another week.

Nothing out-of-the-ordinary has happened this week. It's the middle of the term, so the pupils are starting once again to become unruly. It's as though they forget how to misbehave in the holidays, and then gradually remember that it's what they do.



I forgot to mention - a few weeks back I tried frogs' legs for the first time. They tasted of garlic and oil, and were fiddly to eat. Also, the restaurant decided to add in some baby eels, so I had no idea which bit was which.

I have a few interesting bits and pieces to report. I use 'interesting' in the loosest sense of the word. You'll see...
  • Some French ambulances use the font 'Comic Sans MS' for the writing on the vehicle. It makes emergencies look like Year 8 geography worksheets.
  • This is the closest i've ever lived to traffic lights in my entire life. (Told you it was 'interesting'.)
  • Two days ago, I saw a man with a machine gun walking down the road. I think he was a plainclothes policeman. I hope he was.
  • One day ago, I saw a man sitting in a van with a shotgun. It was a Loomis (Securicor) van, but it still scared me into crossing the road.
  • I haven't seen a gun yet today.
  • I had an entire class of pupils who thought that 'boarding school' is where you learn to surf.
  • French pupils get excited when you say they can keep the Tube map. One put it on his wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment