Tuesday 5 April 2011

Career Ideas

Now that I can see again, and haven't (yet) repeated the weekend's eye incident, I've been spending a lot of time trying to start a 3000-word essay on the French Revolution. It's not a particularly exciting essay, but it's either that or doing real revision, which is infinitely worse.

Robespierre. It's his fault I have to write an essay.

Occasionally, to put off doing the essay, I've been looking at possible job options. I graduate in two months' time; real-life is creeping steadily closer. My career ideas, however, have been getting increasingly far-fetched and ridiculous. In the past couple of months, I have considered the following:

  • Astronaut
  • Crocodile sanctuary-man
  • CafĂ© owner in South America
  • Farmer (ploughing looks fun)
  • Author
  • Postman (of a new, yet-to-be-made Royal Mail competitor)
  • Fighter pilot (but not a killing one. A friendly one)
  • Lock-keeper
A decent amount of variation, I think, although I'm not sure of the salary of some of them. I can't imagine being a lock-keeper pays particularly well, for instance. However, if I combined it with being an author, while farming a patch of watercress in the lock, for I could probably make a reasonable living.

On another, completely-unrelated note, there was a nice sunset over Reading a couple of days ago. One that deserved being photographed, I reckoned. Here it is:

Reading at sunset (massive amounts of crime not pictured).
Now, enough procrastination. Back to the essay. Otherwise I'll never be able to keep that lock.

.

1 comment: