Thursday 10 December 2009

Computer Update.

So, an update on the computer situation. It's still dead, and there doesn't seem to be any imminent revival on the horizon. This is problematic for a number of reasons:

My bank card is only going to be activated and sent to me once i've uploaded a photo of myself onto the bank's website, which I now can't do. I'm reluctant to use a public computer, as some sneaky French man will probably steal my password, PIN, then money. Not good. Basically, I won't get my French bank card until about February. I leave in April. Hmm.

Also, the generic lesson for the next couple of weeks was the classic 'Christmas wordsearch', which was to be found on the internet, and I also can't talk to anyone on Skype, rendering me completely cut off from the world.

I'm typing this in the CDI at my Thursday-and-Friday school. The CDI's basically a library, but with less books, less computers, and more chairs. Facebook is blocked here. Upsetting stuff! It doesn't help that the keyboard is all messed up and French too, so I keep typing Qs instead of As.

Basically, I miss my computer. I'm probably a bit too reliant on it, to be honest. What did people do before the internet?! I might have to read one of those 'book' things, or even talk to someone in real life. Frightening!

No comments:

Post a Comment