Wednesday 16 December 2009

Stupid strikes.

I am in an internet café today, so it's going to be a short post. But, an informative one.

Strikes are fun when you're participating, but not when you're on the other side.

In two days I leave Nantes, to go to Stockholm. Slight problems though. My TGV arrives at Paris Montparnasse, but my flight to Sweden leaves from Paris Charles de Gaulle. Normally, i'd have to take the RER train across Paris. But, there's curently a strike, so i'd usually just have to take the Metro instead. However, there's another strike on the Metro, so i'll have to get a taxi. Or, if they too have by then decided to have a spontaneous strike, i'll have to walk. All the way across Paris. With a huge heavy suitcase. Grr.

To throw another spanner into the works, I see on the BBC website that there's a cabin-crew strike planned by British Airways staff, rendering 90% of flights cancelled or delayed for 12 days over Christmas. Twelve days into which my return-to-England-in-time-for-Christmas flight falls. So, apparently I might be spending Christmas in Sweden too. We'll see.

On the plus side, there is snow forecast for Nantes, Stockholm and Horsham. I'm fairly sure that due to my country-hopping, i'll miss all three, but again, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. BA strike now cancelled. So you are free to leave Stockholmtown and celebrate English Christmas at home :(

    ReplyDelete