Sunday 4 October 2009

Almost done a week...

This time a week ago, the ferry was just going past the Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth, and I was happily eating squashed sandwiches with Dad. Quite a change in a mere six days!



French observations:

There is no bell in my school - just the first four-and-a-half seconds of the New World Symphony by Dvorak.

People do not drive on the right in France - they drive wherever they want.

A pint of beer can cost up to 6€ - no wonder there's no binge drinking.

I must look very English - before I open my mouth, people say 'Hello'.

Many a French man's idea of romance is creepily sidling up to a girl at a bus stop and grabbing her.

Everything is about three years behind England - phones, computers, technology.

Anything important is done at a casual speed. Generally, the more important something is, the longer it takes to do. Examples of this include: Renting appartments, serving in a restaurant and driving an emergency vehicle (often done with a casual cigarette in-mouth, while looking at girls on the nearest pavement).

2 comments:

  1. But the French wrote the language of love, so that must be the right way to get with ze ladies, non? 6 euros...ouch! Like Sweden then, haha. I love your comments on everything. Funny man you are. Need to update ze photos soon though! Älskar dig xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only England was this casual. Then I could sit around in my pants all day.... oh wait...

    ReplyDelete