Monday 19 October 2009

Chez Moi

So, I finally have my own place to live! I wouldn’t call it a house. Or even really a flat. Almost like an annexe, I think. It used to be a garage, but the family converted it to a mini-studio.



I only looked around it for about five minutes before agreeing to have it. But, from what I could remember, it seemed pretty nice!

It has a mezzanine double bed thing. Basically a bunk bed, but built-in to the house. Underneath is a wardrobe and bookshelves and a desk. I think. There was definitely wood there, anyway.

A TV with proper signal and a DVD player. Always good.

A mini-garden. I can plant plenty of flowers and make the view from the windows all pretty.

A front door. My own front door. I’ll bring out the French handwriting and put ‘M. Gavin GREENE’ on a little label.

A kitchenette. ‘Ette’ being a key part of the word. From what I could remember, there were two hob-rings, a sink, fridge and cupboard. Oh, and a microwave. Notice the lack of oven. Can you cook a pizza on the hob?

The bathroom is pretty small, but has a shower in one corner, then a sink and a toilet in the other corners. Small, but good enough.

It has WiFi too. Which means I can finally catch up on various programmes that I’ve missed.

Once I’ve moved in (on Wednesday evening) I’ll take some photos and put them on here. Until then, the drawing at the top of the page will have to suffice.

1 comment: