Friday 15 January 2010

Odds and Ends.

My internet has taken to the peculiar idea of only working when I don't actually need it. So, to decieve it, I now use it when I don't need it... Cunning, eh!

There's not a lot to report from Nantes for the past few days. The second week is drawing to a close (I have one class left today). The main event this week is that Frida is coming to visit tonight. She's going to be here for a week, so i'm going to show her all the various cultural things that are 'must-sees'. The problem is, half of them are actually extremely anti-climatic.

Take the Passage Pommeraye, for example:



It's pretty, and everything, but it's basically still just a row of shops. Shops in which i'll never buy anything, at that: womens' boots for 150€, Tintin in Japanese for 20€, hammocks for 90€... I wonder if people will look back at the shopping centres of today in 150 years time, and think how pretty they are? If 'Swan Walk' in Horsham and 'Broad Street Mall' in Reading are anything to go by, I highly doubt it.

Anyway, Frida's TGV arrives this evening, so i've still got just over twelve hours to make my shed guest-friendly. And 'storing' a broken packet of pasta shells loose on the floor probably isn't normal etiquette...

1 comment: