Saturday 3 April 2010

Orléans Part II

After a delay, here's the much-anticipated final part of my trip to Orléans...

On the Saturday night, I went to a UV party in a manor house. And yes, it was as much fun as it sounds! The 'UV' element meant that we painted our faces with special paint, and danced around in a room which had UV lights all around the walls. I took a few photos, but they don't show up particularly well. This photo was taken by someone else, but i'm sure they won't mind!


I thought the man in the picture might mind, so he's been blanked out. You can still see how colourful the party was though.

The next morning, I went to the first annual 'Orleáns Chocolate Exhibition'. It seemed a bit assumptive to call it the 'first annual', as they had no idea if it was going to be popular or not. And, as it happens, it wasn't. You'd think a chocolate exhibition would include demonstrations, tasting, free samples, competitions and the like, but it was basically just a vast, empty chocolate shop. We stayed for about twenty minutes, then returned to the town centre.


The highlight: a Citroen 2CV. Made of chocolate. And why not?

It seemed to rain a lot when I was in Orléans, which somewhat hindered my outdoor adventures, but I still wandered around the streets a bit, admiring French architecture, cobbled streets, and overly-flowery flower shops.


A particularly damp road.


It almost looked like they had all spilled out of the shop and leaked onto the road. Still, it looked nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment