Sunday 25 April 2010

Spitfire Stop-motion.

A while ago on the BBC, there was a series called James May's Toy Stories, which basically made giant versions of childhood toys. One of the episodes involved building a huge Airfix model. I'd pretty much forgotten that Airfix existed, but felt briefly inspired to build a Spitfire, before quickly forgetting once again.

Then, Frida sent a parcel to France containing an Spitfire Airfix kit for 'a boring day in the shed'. Today, being Sunday, was that day, and so I made my Spitfire. Not content with simply making it, I decided to make a short (very) stop-motion film of the model, complete with authentic Spitfire engine noises.



Like I said, Sunday + France = Suddenly taking up weird hobbies. Probably need to get out more.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! It's pretty awesome. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you should recreate the entire battle of Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just possibly the greatest film ever!

    ReplyDelete