Wednesday 21 April 2010

Salmon Shenanigans.

My trip to Geneva was cancelled, due to an certain Icelandic volcano. This means i've got a whole week to fill. Today, I passed the time by making an overly-extravagant lunch.



I don't know what they're actually called, but never mind. I made a dill sauce out of oil, vinegar, cream, lemon juice, salt and sugar and left it for a bit to make it all dill-y. While I was waiting, I prepared some cucumber, salad, and smoked salmon on a plate, then poured the dill sauce on top.

I'm thinking of trying to make sushi next, but i'm scared I might poison myself. I might wait until i'm back in the UK, where i'm certain of my fish-vocab.

2 comments:

  1. holy crap. can i be your roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we say in Sweden: Gottigottgott! I want all of that right now, especially after Asda delivery gave me salmon fillets and not smoked salmon...xxx

    ReplyDelete