Sunday 8 November 2009

Jardin des Plantes.

Surprisingly for November, the weather in Nantes was quite nice yesterday. I was wondering around the town centre in short-sleeves, which I doubt you could do in England... (I was a bit cold, to be honest. Still, it wasn't freezing).

I met a few of the other assistants, and we went to see the Jardin Des Plantes The. literal meaning is 'Garden of Plants', which you'd think would be obvious, really. You wouldn't go to the 'Café of Drinks' or the 'Zoo of Animals', would you...?

Anyway, it was a pretty nice place, which seemed to be slightly English-themed. There was a small palm-house which loked suspiciously similar to the one at Kew. Thieving French gardeners.

There were some deer in one corner of the garden, and some ducks sitting in the pond in the middle. There were a few waterfalls as well, one of which you could walk behind. I was half-expecting some Enid Blyton-style secret passages behind the waterfall, but there were none. Disappointing; I quite fancied catching a few smugglers.


The view across the pond to the waterfall.


The palm house.


View from behind the waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment