Monday 30 November 2009

School days.

You may've noticed that I don't really mention the teaching on here a lot. Admittedly, it's what i'm here to do, but it's always pretty similar. I'll be starting Christmas lessons soon though which'll make a change. Until then, however, the anecdotes from the schools are pretty thin on the ground. One interesting one, however:

The younger pupils have decided that it is no longer sufficient to say 'Good morneeng, Gaveen' whenever they see me. They've gradually moved onto an interesting variety of other English greetings, such as 'What is your favourite season?' or 'Where is London?'. They say these things as they're running past, so I rarely have time to answer. This morning, I was greeted by one eleven-year old who proudly proclaimed 'My favoureet colour is green, but I preefer red." Good for you.

This is the school I teach in on Mondays and Tuesdays - Collège Anne de Bretagne:



This is the Thursday and Friday school - Collège Gutenberg:

1 comment: